How do beverages like green tea and coffee, which contain polyphenols, help you lose weight?
This article will examine the importance of polyphenols, which are found in beverages like coffee and tea. We'll also explore their relationship to weight loss. Nutritionists know that these elements are crucial for a healthy life style and weight loss. You should be able to understand how these components work in the body by the end of this post.
Polyphenols: Their Importance and Health Benefits
These compounds are found naturally in coffee, green tea and other foods. These compounds are antioxidative and can have a variety of health benefits. Weight loss is one of the benefits. A study by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that regular polyphenol consumption can reduce weight and BMI.
As with any other supplement, an excessive amount can cause side effects, such as nausea or upset stomach. It's therefore important to drink these drinks in moderation.
Get Started With Polyphenol-Rich Beverages
It is easy to start a polyphenol-rich diet. Include green tea or coffee in your daily regimen. Research suggests that green tea may speed weight loss and boost metabolism by containing a polyphenol known as catechins. The coffee, however, is rich in chlorogenic acid. This type of polyphenol can slow down the absorption and metabolism of fats from foods.
Remember to avoid adding too much sugar or cream as this can reduce the weight-loss benefits.
Foods and Beverages Rich in Polyphenols
- Green tea is a rich source of catechins (a polyphenol).
- Coffee contains chlorogenic acid (another type of polyphenol) that helps in weight loss.
- Berries are rich in polyphenols called anthocyanins.
- Red wine: It contains resveratrol - a polyphenol linked with weight loss.
- Dark Chocolate is high in flavonoids. Flavonoids are a polyphenol group of antioxidants.
- Beans contain kaempferol - a polyphenol which may help with weight loss.
- Seeds and nuts are rich in lignans (a polyphenol).
- Polyphenols are abundant in spices like star anise and cloves.
- Apples, grapes and pears contain different types of polyphenols.
- Polyphenols are also found in vegetables like artichokes, spinach, onions and other types.
Remember to maintain a healthy diet that includes fruits, vegetables and lean protein. Regular exercise will enhance the weight-loss effects of polyphenols. Consult your healthcare provider and nutritionist prior to starting any diet program.
Polyphenols in coffee, green tea and other beverages have antioxidative effects and can affect metabolism. You can reap the weight-loss benefits by consuming polyphenol-rich beverages in moderation, maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly..